Oven Baked Teriyaki Wings
Recipe suppled by Kimberly Roberto, co-author of Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
Everyone loves wings! Great as a appetizer, snack or even a meal. But most wings are fried in damaged oils and therefore can be far from nutritious. This is a great alternative.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons spoonable stevia
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos or organic tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup hot sauce (adjust to your taste)
- 4-5 pounds organic chicken wings (tips cut then separated into “drumstick” and “wing”)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Melt butter in a small-medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the stevia, wine, tamari, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt ,pepper, and garlic powder and mix. In a large bowl, mix the chicken wings with the sauce
Arrange chicken wings on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake wings at 350° F for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done. For even more tender wings with a further reduced sauce, reduce heat to 250° F and continue cooking for 3-4 hours, flipping about every 30 minutes.